Professional Rehabilitation Nursing Course
Online course in comprehensive care for the rehabilitation patient
Recorded Live from PRN Course held in May 2012 Chicago, IL
Essential Knowledge and Best Practices for All Rehabilitation Nurses.
On Demand Course Benefits:
- Access anywhere; Course materials available 24 hours a day
- Learn at your own pace
- Sessions include slides with voice over instruction
- Each teaching module can be done incrementally
- Post course examinations included to assess your knowledge
- 24 nursing contact hours upon completion of the full course, post tests and evaluation.
You can earn one nursing contact hour for every 60 minutes of educational time. You must complete and achieve a passing score of 80% on a post test for each module and submit an overall course evaluation form to receive contact hours. There are a maximum of 24 contact hours available for this course. No partial credit is available. ARN is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
||Michele Cournan, DNP RN CRRN ANP-BC
Rehabilitation Clinical Nurse Specialist
Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital
Kristen Mauk, PhD DNP RN CRRN GCNS-BC GN-BC FAAN
Professor of Nursing and Kreft Chair
Upon completion you will have learned to:
- incorporate rehabilitation principles as an integral part of your nursing practice
- describe the major pathophysiological and sociological states associated with prolonged illness and disability
- describe the importance of the interdisciplinary team in today’s healthcare environment
- identify effective evidence-based nursing interventions that meet individual needs and promote positive client outcomes
- describe rehabilitation and nursing management of common long-term health alterations
- examine strategies for care and education of patients and families in various settings across the life span.
Safety and Quality
Bowel and Bladder
Sensory and Perceptual Patterns
Rehabilitation for the Patient with Cancer
Spinal Cord Injury
Traumatic Brain Injury
Rehabilitation Across the Continuum of Care
Patient and Family Education
Coping Skills for Adjusting/Adapting to Disability
Rehabilitation and the Community: Barriers and Resources
Rehabilitation and the Family
Rehabilitation in Older Adults
Rehabilitation in Children
The following resources may be referenced during the course, but are not required:
• The Specialty Practice of Rehabilitation Nursing: A Core Curriculum (6th ed.)
• Standards and Scope of Rehabilitation Nursing Practice (4th ed.)
To purchase either of these resources, call member services at 800.229.7530 or visit Online Bookstore.
How to Register: New and existing users may click here to access the PRN online course. Please log in to the new user registration to purchase a single user access. Returning users will use the existing user log in. Click here to purchase multi user access.
Once payment has been made, you will receive a log in ID and password allowing you unlimited access to the course through July 31, 2015.
||10 Multi User
||20 Multi User
Check orders require a $30 processing fee. Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing. ARN reserves the right to delay processing based on volume. To order by check click here.
Release date: August 1, 2012
Expiration date: July 31, 2015